90’s Inspired Makeup: Colourpop Fall 2015 Collection
Good afternoon fellow makeup lovers, it’s officially time to break out out the fall makeup looks. I am so excited for fall and the darkness that comes with it; I love dark lips, eyes, clothes, you name it. This year Colourpop Cosmetics officially stepped up their game and released an amazing 90’s inspired collection for their fall lookbook. With product names like Poison, Grunge, and Boy Band I just had to have this collection, as I’m sure many of my fellow 90’s babies will too. Not only are the names a reason to put these items in your cart, once again Colourpop’s insane quality and price point won’t disappoint. Below is swatches and all the details of this makeup look. I also threw in some 90’s fun facts about myself, feel free to share yours =). P.S. Halloween looks will be coming up as soon as October hits.
I picked up three Supershock shadows in the shades Central Perk, I’ve recently become Friends obsessed, so I had to have this. Also it’s my first matte shade from Colourpop and it’s a stunning coffee bean maroon-brown. I also picked up Stereo, a gunmetal purple with sparkles, and Boy Band which is a golden brown with sparkles. For the lips I picked up three Lippie Stix in Grunge, which is a matte and a super-wearable brown and is very Cindy Crawford in the 90’s, Poison, which is a to-dief-or matte burgundy red that I’ll probably wear on the daily, and Oh Snap which is more of a peachy nude, I haven’t tried this yet but it’s a very pretty neutral. I also picked up the Grunge Lippie Pencil, which I highly recommend as finding a brown toned lipliner isn’t easy. You can find all these on Colourpop’s Fall 2015 page.
Primer: Smashbox Photoready Primer
Foundation: Too Faced Born This Way Foundation in Porcelain
Concealer: It Cosmetics Eyelift in a Tube in Fair (I’m still on the fence with this, it provides really great coverage, but it also has a tacky consistancy I don’t love. I got it during Ulta’s 21 Days of Beauty so it was half off).
Powder: Revlon Aqua Mineral Makeup in Fair to set.
Brows: NYX Microbrow Pencil in Brunette and their Brow Mascara in Brunette. (I skipped powder for this look because 90’s brows were a bit more structured and thin).
- Crease: NYX Matte Shadow in Maybe Later with LORAC Pro Palette 1’s Espresso in the outer crease.
- Lid: Coloupop Supershock Shadow in Central Perk
- Browbone: LORAC 1 Cream and White mixed together
- Lower lashline: LORAC 1 Black lightly smoked out
- Inner corner: LORAC 1 Nude
Eyeliner: Maybelline Gel Liner in Blackest Black on both the top lashine and pressed into the lower lashline.
Mascara: L’Oreal Telescopic Mascara in Carbon Black topped with Too Faced Better Than Sex (only on the upper lashes)
Blush: Tarte Get Cheeky Holiday Palette in the Shade Breathless (LE).I really wanted almost no color on the cheeks for this so a matte brown/tan works best some similar options are, L’Oreal True Match Blush in Bare Honey, for darker skin tones I’d use their blush in Soft Sun. NYX’s HD Blush in Taupe is another fan favorite.
Highlight: NONE. For a 90’s look I wouldn’t use a highlight as tempting as it may be.
Lips: Colourpop Grunge Lippie Stix and Lippie Pencil.
90’s Fun Facts
- Favorite Boy Band and Song: N*Sync all the way, and that’s tough but I love their song Pop.
- Favorite show: I had so many, as a little kid I loved Rugrats and Global Guts, as I got older Boy Meets World.
- Favorite Pop Princess: Christina!
- Favorite Spice Girl: Posh, still to this day it’s Posh.
- Mood Rings or Snap Bracelets? Snap bracelets, I had a zebra print one.
- Favorite rock band: For awhile Nirvana, then I went through a massive Green Day phase.
- First Concert: N*Sync (thanks Dad!) and P!NK opened.
- Favorite Board Game: Girl Talk, you must check it out if you haven’t
- Favorite snack: Pizza lunchables and dunkaroos (let’s get real their still a favorite)
Hope you guys liked this, let me know what you’re fun facts are and if you like these types of things, also my top is from Missguided!