Modern Day Retro: Oscar Party Look
Hello and happy weekend! I am currently sitting in my PJ’s on this Saturday night because I am just a partayyyy animal. Anyway, I hope all my party animals and not so party animals get some inspiration from this look. I’ve been dying to use the Buxom Eyeshadow Bar Single in Wild Nights since I picked it up from Sephora a few weeks ago. I thought I’d do a “modern day retro” look that is kind-of Oscars inspired with this shadow. I originally wanted to load this look with NYX’s Glitter Brilliants in Violet and it was a hot mess. I tried with Too Faced Glitter Glue (NYX’s reviews say it works well with the NYX glitter glue so I may try that) but besides that my glitter stopped coming out no matter how much I shook it! So anyway major disappointment on the glitter front, but I absolutely love how this came out. So if you’re going to an Oscars screening party or just want to feel a little extra glam try this look out! Deats are below 🙂
Primer: Nivea Men’s Post Shave Balm
Foundation: Maybelline Dream Velvet Foundation in Warm Porcelain
Concealer: Urban Decay Naked Skin Concealer in Fair Neutral
Contour: NYX Sculpt and Highlight Duo in Ivory/Taupe, only used the Taupe shade to contour my nose and cheekbones. Blended out with a Real Techniques sponge.
Powder: Maybelline Perfecting Loose Powder
Brows: Maybelline Fill and Define Duo in Deep Brown with Anastasia Dipbrow in Dark Brown and NYX Brow Mascara in Brunette.
Eyeshadows: All Shadows are from the Morphe 35N palette and the Buxom single eyeshadow. I will put the row number for the Morphe palette.
- Crease: Row 3, shadow 4 (purple) blended through the crease with a fluffy blending brush. Then I used the shade right new to that (terracotta reddish) with a MAC 217 just above in the outer crease.
- Outer crease: Row 4, shadow 7 (deeper purple) blended out in an exaggerated wing shape with a MAC 217 brush. Blend up towards your hairline. Don’t worry if this is messy at first I cleaned it up with a sharp line of concealer and then blended with my makeup sponge. This gives you a sharper, cleaner line.
- Lid: Buxom Wild Nights eyeshadow.
- Lower lashline: Wild Nights on a pencil brush and shadow in Row 4, shadow 6 (a deep eggplant shade) on a flat definer brush. Then I blended with a large fluffy brush.
- Browbone: Row 1, shadow 1.
- Inner Corner Highlight: Colourpop Highlighter in Wisp
Lashes: Ardell Wispies style in 305 with L’Oreal Telescopic in Carbon Black
Eyeliner: Jordana Cat Eye Liner in Black (to cover the lashband) and Rimmel ScandelEyes liner in Nude.
Blush: Milani Baked Blush in Luminoso
Highlighter: Colourpop Wisp (used on cheekbones, bridge of the nose and cupid’s bow)
Lips: Jordana Tawny Lip Liner and NYX Liquid Suede Cream Lipstick in Vintage.
Top: Forever 21