Hi beauties! If you’ve noticed something different about my page you would be correct; I changed the layout and URL for my blog, which you can now share with your friends as abeautycapsule.com! I’m super excited to take this step towards a newer look and feel. Anyway, today I’m here to recommend my favorite kiss-proof lipstick options, even if you are only kissing you pet this V-day like moi, haha. I also have two makeup looks, warning the red lip was NOT kiss proof, but I will give red lip options that are. I’m also going to give you some Valentine’s Day date night options; so all in all this is a jammed packed post. I would like to get a romantic halo smokey eye look up before V-day as well. But for now read on for some lovely looks.
Best Lipsticks for Smooching
*Disclaimer: These are what work best for me. Performance can change based on lip care, eating and drinking. For best wear time I apply a lip balm, let it sink in for a few minutes, then pat it off a bit and then I apply my liquid lipstick. Also, I find any high-pigment lipstick is going to have some transfer. To eliminate I’d pat with a tissue.
- OFRA Cosmetics Long Lasting Liquid Lipsticks in Atlantic City and Ultimate Red
- ColourPop Ultra Matte Lipstick in Avenue
- Maybelline Creamy Matte Lipstick in Siren in Scarlet
- ColourPop Ultra Matte Lip in More Better
- OFRA Long Lasting Liquid Lipstick in Mina
- Anastasia Beverly Hills Liquid Lipsticks in Sad Girl
Primer: Nivea Post Shave Balm for Sensitive Skin (you’ll understand once you watch Nikkie Tutorials explain here, and yes it really works!)
Foundation: Too Faced Born This Way in Porcelain, applied with the It Cosmetics Airbrush Buffing Foundation Brush
Concealer: Urban Decay Naked Skin Concealer in Fair Neutral, buffed out with a damp Real Techniques sponge
Powder: Maybelline FaceStudio Loose Powder
Brows: Sculpted with the Maybelline Brow Define and Fill Duo in Deep Brown (only use pencil side) then filled in with the Anastasia Dipbrow in Dark Brown. Set with NYX Brow Mascara in Espresso
Contour: Kat Von D Shade and Light Palette shade Sombre. Contoured nose and cheeks.
- Crease: NYX Matte Eyeshadow in Maybe Later all over with a MAC 224 brush
- Lid: Milani Bare Necessities Palette Gold shade, topped with MAC pigment in Museum Bronze. Applied with Fix + and MAC 242 brush.
- Outer lid: Milani Bare Necessities Dark Brown shade with L’Oreal Colour Riche Monos Eye Shadow in Noir Cest Noir (the jury’s still out on these L’Oreal shades, I think they’re a bit too powdery so definitely dust your brush off before applying. Used a MAC 217 to apply.
- Inner Lid: Milani Bare Necessities Dark Brown shade applied with MAC 217.
- Lower lashline: L’Oreal Noir Cest Noir
- Brow bone: Milani Bare Necessities first highlight shade
- Inner corner: MAC Naked Pigment : L’Oreal Carbon Black Telescopic with Ardell Double Up Demi Wispies
Liners: Jordana Cat Eye Liner in Black Leather and L’Oreal Silkissime in Black on the waterline
Blush: ColourPop Between the Sheets
Highlighter: The Balm Mary-Lou Manizer
1st lip: NYX Soft Spoken with NYX Ever Lip Pencil
2nd lip: L’Oreal Infallible Pro Matte Gloss in Shanghai Scarlet (This is NOT a liquid lipstick). This color will transfer, but it does wear evenly, and does not bleed. But if you plan on kissing you partner, beware, unless you want to leave some kiss marks.
Date Night Picks
- Lulu’s Va Va Voom Backless Dress in Wine
- Forever 21 Floral Crochet Cami Dress
- Asos Boohoo Petite Open Back Long Sleeve Dress
- Asos John Zack Petite Lace Romper
- Nasty Gal Fit of Cage Midi Dress (for all the girls who want to indulge a a bit of their bad this V-Day).
- Nasty Gal Sawyer Lace Midi Dress-Red
- Nasty Gal Let Me Be Tank Dress
- Missguided Sleeveless Floral Lace Mesh Mini Dress Powder Blue
- Missguided Scalloped Hem Crop Top and matching skirt