I’m finally back in action! I’m so sorry I’ve been MIA posting, life got in the way. I promise I’m not going to let it get in the way of my creativity as this is what I love and I don’t want to let any fellow beauty junkies down! I’m also going to try to incorporate some fashion posts into the blog this fall. Unfortunately, not all bloggers have got a photographer savant BF/husband to take some slay-worthy photos, but I’m gonna make it work so I can put up more content, anyway on to this review. Today, I’m reviewing Juvia’s Place Nubian 2 palette which I originally spotted on Nikkie Tutorials Snapchat. The colors and pigmentation caught my eye, and then I saw how affordable this palette is for the size and number of shadows and I knew I had to try it. Below are all the pretty nitty gritty details!
- Buy: juviasplace.com
- Price: $30 USD
- Shades: 8 metallics, 4 mattes
- Individual size: 3.5 grams, a standard MAC eyeshadow is 1.3 grams
- Pigmentation: 8.5/10
- Longevity: 6 hours no primer, 10 hours with primer
- Blendability: 7.5/10
- Fallout: 5/10
Summary: If you’re looking for a pigmented and stunningly colorful palette, the Nubian 2 has all that and more. Even on workdays or more laid back occasions I find a use for the neutrals in this palette. I personally use Morocco, Jezebel and Yaas a ton; Yaas is especially stunning for green eyes. If you like Yaas, Colourpop’s Game Face is similar if you’re not in the game for a full palette right now. The mattes in this palette are all you would ever really need to blend, but the shimmers are really the stars of the show. The only downfalls are the shimmers have a decent amount of fallout and once you blend them you do have to go back in and re-apply color as the shades pigment blends away a bit. I usually apply my foundation and concealer last with this palette, which is something I’ve never loved doing, but if you want your makeup to look good you do what you have too. So how long does this baby last? I know I for one hate reapplying my makeup. The true test was when I wore this palette recently for my cousin’s outdoor wedding in the 86 degree heat, and with a setting spray it lasted all day and night long. A huge win in my beauty book. The value is also great compared to other palettes as the pan sizes are huge and the pigment is spot on. If you’re looking for a new affordable palette, each shadow breaks down to $2.50 a piece in this! I say if you really are lusting for a colorful and shimmering palette that’s versatile this is an awesome staple that’s also affordable.
- Foundation: L’Oreal Pro Glow Foundation in 203 Nude Beige
- Brows: Benefit Goof Proof Brow Pencil in 4 Medium $24
- Powder: Kat Von D Lock-It Setting Powder $30
- Brush: Real Techniques Setting Brush
- Bronzer: L’Oreal Glam Bronzer in Light/Pale
- Brush: Real Techniques Powder Brush
- Lashes: Eylure Vegas Nay Grand Glamour Lashes with House of Lashes Lash Glue
- Eyeshadows: Juvia’s Place The Nubian 2 Palette (in order I applied listed below)
- Inner lid: Yaas applied with a MAC 242 Shader Brush (use a flat brush like this to minimize fallout and pack the most color!)
- Outer lid: Egypt applied with a MAC 242 Shader Brush
- Crease: Morocco blended with a MAC 217 Blending Brush
- Outer Crease: Kenya blended with a MAC 224 Blending Brush
- Browbone and Inner Corner: Zuri applied with Sigma E55 Shading Brush
- Lower lashline: Kenya and Morocco applied with a MAC 219 Pencil Brush and blended out with a MAC 217
- Top: L’Oreal Voluminous Liner Noir in Blackest Black (a review on this will be next!) Found mine at Ulta but not on their website yet.
- Bottom:L’Oreal Voluminous Liner Noir in Blackest Black under the lower lashline. L’Oreal Voluminous Smoldering Liner in Black in the waterline.
- Mascara: L’Oreal Carbon Black Telescopic Mascara
- Blush and Highlighter: Becca x Jaclyn Hill Champagne Splits Amaretto/Prosecco Pop $38.
- Brush for blush: Morphe face brush (came in a set)
- Brush for highlighter: Real Techniques Setting Brush
- Lipstick: Maybelline the Bolds in Raging Raisin topped with Chocoholic (I forgot a lip liner but I would’ve used Jordana Coco Loco)
- Top and Bralette: American Eagle (in-store) and Victoria’s Secret Tribal Print Bralette (in-store)