Fawning Over Fall: Glam Fall Makeup Look
It’s almost time for Fall, which is where, in my opinion, the best makeup looks come out to play. I recently picked up Urban Decay’s Moondust Eyeshadow Palette, because who doesn’t need a little glitter in their life? (oh and the model with the Bowie style star helped too). So, I decided to do my own glittery spin on a look I saw on my Instagram feed by makeup artist, Natalie Phalen facedbynatalie. This look is perfect for the autumn months as a glam go-to, and would also be a great for any lower key Halloween parties. If you change out the orange for green you could totally create a female Joker look! Read below for all my steps.
Primer: Smashbox Photo Finish Primer Water
Eyes: (you want to do your eyes before foundation because the Moondust shadows have a decent amount of fallout)
- Primer: NYX White Eyeshadow Base. This really makes vibrant colors stay all day and pop on the lid. Applied with my finger.
- Eyeshadows used throughout: NYX Ultimate Shadow Palette Brights, $18(the quality of these are amazing for the $18 price tag!) and Urban Decay Moondust Palette, $49.
- Upper Crease: NYX Palette 4th row, 3rd orangey shade. Blended lightly with a MAC 224.
- Crease: NYX Palette 1st row, 3rd orangey shade. Blended and packed on a few times with a MAC 217.
- Lower Crease: NYX Palette 1st red shade. Put through the crease with any pencil brush and blend with any blending brush.
- Note: I repeated all of the above after completing the below to intensify the colors again.
- Lid: NYX Palette 2nd row, 1st purple shade. Packed on the lid with a MAC 252 Flat Shader brush. A flat shader brush will give the eyeshadow the most impact.
- Glitter on top: Moondust eyeshadow in Magnetic put on with my finger. I prefer using my finger compared to a brush with these.
- Glitter in the inner corner and outer V: Moondust eyeshadow in Element.
- Lower lashline: NYX Palette 4th row, 3rd orangey shade applied with a MAC 212 Flat Definer Brush, and then applied 1st red shade on the middle to outer lashline with a pencil brush.
- Brow bone: Any nude/white shade will do. I used LORAC’s White and Cream shadows.
- Top: Jordana Cat Eyeliner in Black Leather
- Bottom: L’Oreal Voluminous Smoldering Eyeliner in Black
- Lashes: Ardell Demi Wispies with House of Lashes lash glue.
- Mascara: L’Oreal Telescopic Carbon Black Mascara
- Foundation: Tarte Rainforest of the Sea Foundation in fair neutral, $39
- Concealer: Maybelline Age Rewind Concealer in fair (such an amazing, and affordable concealer!)
- Powder: Kat Von D Lock-It Translucent Powder
- Bronzer: L’Oreal Glam Bronzer in Light
- Brows: Benefit ka-BROW! Cream Gel Eyebrow Color in 04 Medium
- Blush: Tarte’s 1st Holiday Palette (peach-shade) similar Tarte Amazonian Clay Blush in Celebrated
- Highlighter: Kat Von D Metal Crush Eyeshadow in Thunderstruck (this is stunning as a highlighter!)
- Lipstick 1 & 2: First look- Maybelline Storm Sahara lipstick. Second look: OFRA Long Lasting Liquid Lipstick x Kathleen Lights in Miami Fever.