The most glamorous night of the year came and went without any controversy (*insert Steve Harvey joke here*) but surprisingly there weren’t too many fashion and beauty missteps.I was a bit sad to see the lack of color this Oscars season, but my eyes lit up at Olivia Culpo’s lovely lilac eye look. I love the whimsical vibes this gives which makes it perfect for spring. You could definitely wear this everyday for a pop of color with a BB cream or light foundation, or you could wear as-is for a more formal event. I used mostly affordable products for this look, and gave alternatives if I used something higher end. Olivia’s team used L’Oreal for the eye look so you can really achieve this on a tighter budget. Read below if you want to get this dreamy pastel makeup look!
Primer: Wet n Wild CoverAll Face Primer
Foundation: L’Oreal Pro Glow Foundation in Classic Ivory applied with a damp Beauty Blender
Concealer: Tarte Shape Tape Concealer in Fair. Affordable option: Maybelline’s Age Rewind or NYX HD Concealer
Cream contour: Wet n Wild MegaGlo Makeup Stick Contour in Call Me Maple (applied in contours of the cheeks, high points of the forehead, nose and under the lips) blended out with a stippling brush, and patted in with a damp Beauty Blender. Then took my Shape Tape concealer under the cheek contour and blended it out for a harsher line.
Liquid highlighter: Maybelline Master Strobing Liquid Illuminating Highlighter in Light/Iridescent (applied with a damp Beauty Blender to the tops of the cheeks, bridge of the nose, inner corners and above the brows).
Powder: Kat Von D Lock It Translucent Powder. Affordable option: Maybelline Translucent Powder
Brows: Benefit Precisely My Brow in 5, Benefit ka-Brow in 4 and NYX Brunette Brow Mascara. Affordable options: NYX Microbrow Pencil and Maybelline MasterDrama Brow Powder
- Lid: L’Oreal Infallible Paints Eyeshadow Shady Violet, used the darker shade in a thin line on the lid just above the upper lashline.
- Lid and crease: L’Oreal Colour Riche Pocket Palette in Violet Amour, used the bottom left shade (light purple) all over the lid, first using a blending brush in the crease and then packing all over with a shader brush.
- Outer crease: L’Oreal Violet Amour top right shade (medium toned Violet) a bit of this in the outer crease applied with a blending brush.
- Lower lashline: Bottom left shade from Violet Amour palette applied generously with a fluffy pencil brush, then applied a bit of the lighter shade from the Shady Violet eye paints in the center.
- Inner corner: I used a discontinued Wet n Wild pigment (sorry didn’t even realize!) but you can use your face highlighter in the inner corner for the same effect.
- Brow bone: Any shimmery light nude will do; I used the last shade in the L’Oreal La Palette Nude 1
Mascara: Maybelline Big Shot Mascara in Very Black (I believe Olivia is only wearing mascara, but I like a bit more drama so I added falsies, but you could definitely stop at mascara).
Eyeliner: Rimmel Scandal Eyes Eyeliner in Nude
Powder Highlighter: Makeup Revolution Vivid Baked Highlighter in Radiant Lights
Lip liner: NYX Slim Lip Pencil in Mauve (your liner should be a shade or two darker than your lipstick for this look so you see a subtle shift for light to dark)
Lipstick: Maybelline Inti-Matte Nudes in Almond Rose, and I added a little concealer in the middle of my lips to lighten a bit.
Bodysuit: ASOS (no longer available). Similar: Asos Night Sleeveless Embellished Bodysuit