Bachelor Degree Beauties: Graduation Dress Picks and Makeup Look
Hi beauties! Graduation season is finally here, and surprisingly I haven’t seen too many blogggers or magazines offer up looks or grad makeup. But have no fear, I’m also graduating in two weeks getting my Bachelor’s in Public Relations from Rowan University, so I know the struggle of finding graduation dresses. I’m super excited to close this chapter and open another, I’ll also be able to dedicate more time to my blog, but of course I loved shopping for my graduation dress as well. A lot of friends have struggled picking the perfect dress, so I wanted to make a list of my top picks so you can look classy, feel comfortable and look timeless (lets face it that crop top combo that’s so in right now might make you cringe in 10 years). Below are my picks! P.S. The dress above is a couple of years old from Zara, I’m not wearing this exact dress, but I’ll link mine below, it’s fairly similar.
Graduation Dresses Galore
For your dress, whether it be high school, graduation or you Master’s, I like to stick with neutral/lighter colors. Most ceremonies are outside or in a humid gymnasium so the lighter the better. Also many high school ceremonies require white, and light neutrals will always look great. I also would avoid complicated necklines, such as strapless, you want to be able to wear a regular bra comfortably of an important day.
- Nasty Gal Levina Lace Dress – White, $88. This is the dress I’m wearing, it’s currently sold out :(, but the length is perfect for sitting, yet still short so you won’t be hot and the lace detail is timeless. This dress is available in a blush color here, which is also a great option.
- Nasty Gal Daniella Lace Dress, $88. Great for adding a bit of flair with the blue color and print.
- Nasty Gal All A Flutter Dress, $78. This was actually my second choice, I love the 50’s style flair this brings and the flowiness.
- Topshop Strappy Lace Bodycon Dress, $75.
- Missguided Crepe Pleated Waist Detail Midi Dress Nude, $80. A midi dress is great because it won’t ride up or give you a Marilyn moment.
- Coldie Lace Short Sleeved Mesh Insert Midi Dress Nude, $70. This dress gives the illusion of a crop top and skirt but is one piece. The lace makes it timeless and the cropped look gives it the trend factor you’re looking for. P.S. Missguided restocks a lot, so put yourself on the email list of a dress isn’t in your size.
- Mandy Brocade High Neck Skater Dress Mint, $64. If you’re a girl who loves Mad Men style, this dress is for you. I love the mint as an alternative to nude and white as well.
- Zara Mid length flounce dress with open back, $99.90. This dress it the epitome of timeless and has a bit of trendiness with the open back.
- Zara Guipure stars dress, $99.90. I LOVE this dress, I think it perfectly incorporates new trends but old school style both grandma and you can appreciate.
- Forever 21 Floral Lace Scoop-Back Dress, $19.53. Inexpensive and you could easily wear this again, it’s a win-win.
- Forever 21 Eyelash Lace Combo Dress, $27.90.
- ASOS PETITE Embellished Crop Top Skater Dress, $81. Perfect baby blue and the embellishment adds an extra glam factor.
- ASOS Mesh Insert Fit And Flare V Neck Mini Dress, $87. This is for my girls who just love black. The nude skirt inserts make this summer apporiate, while giving you that classic and sleek style.
- ASOS Premium Romper With High Neck In Bonded Satin, $99. A lot of my friends love a romper, and I think it’s totally cute and appropriate, you just have to find the right one. This one is super elegant.
- Urban Outfitters Kimchi Blue Pinafore Lace Mini Dress in White, $79.
- Urban Outfitters Kimchi Blue Medallion Fit + Flare Dress, $79. This dress comes in a baby pink, sky blue and white, and they would all fit perfect for graduation. Also the unique lace adds a trendsetter vibe.
- Macy’s Jessica Simpson Kymball Lace Dress, $69.
- Sabo Skirt Wander Lace Dress – Vanilla, $39.
- Francesca’s Rayne Lace Dress, $48.
- Francesca’s Zoe Lace Romper, $48.
I would wear a wedge or heeled sandal, as many ceremonies are outside. I would not wear a high heel as it may get stuck in the grass, or you could trip (that’d be me, for sure). My top picks are below:
- Anthropologie Jeffrey Campbell Eudora Heels, $178.oo. These are the shoes I’ll be wearing, in the color Honey. They are way over what I would normally spend, but I know Jeffrey Campbell’s are extremely comfortable while still looking great. I also love a suede insole in case your feet get clammy in the heat.
- Steve Madden Women’s Rosana Block Heel City Sandals, $99.
- Aldo OKELANI High-Heel Sandal, $90. This shoe is available in cognac, white and black, perfect for any dress.
- GoJane Fringe Forever Strappy Chunky Heels, $33.70.
- Zara Fringed block heel leather sandals, $99.
Foundation: L’Oreal Infalliable Pro-Matte 24 Hour Foundation in Classic Ivory (I recommended putting an SPF on under)
Concealer: Urban Decay Naked Skin Weightless Complete Coverage Concealer on Fair Neutral
Powder: NYX HD Banana Powder
Brows: Tarte Amazonian Clay Waterproof Brow Mousse in Medium Brown, NYX Brow Mascara in Brunette
Eyeshadows: NYX Eye Base in Skin Tone, LORAC 1: Lt. Bronze on Lid, Taupe in Crease, Sable on Lower Lashline, Cream on Browbone. Anastasia Beverly Hills Lavish Palette Rum Cake LE on outer lid, can use any shimmery brown. MAC Pigment in Naked on top of Lt.Bronze, used with MAC Fix +.
Eyeliner: Jordana Cateye Liner in Brown on Upper lashline. L’Oreal Voluminous Smoldering Eyeliner in Brown on Waterline.
Mascara: L’Oreal Telescopic in Carbon Black.
Blush: Colourpop Cosmetics Holiday
Highlighter: BECCA Cosmetics Liquid Highlighter in Opal topped with BECCA Pressed Powder in Moonstone.
Lips: MAC Soar lipliner all over the lips and NYX Black Label Lipstick in Tea Rose.