Music Muse Makeup: Festival Season
When Coachella hits its officially festival season. I’m sure like me, many of you have lusted over the perfectly mused, slightly lived-in makeup and outfit vibes of Victoria’s Secret models, musicians and fashion bloggers. My motto for a great festival look is bronze, highlight and a pop of color. I love to use bronzes for festival looks as they give that desert vibe that looks messy yet chic. With so many festival or even just summer concerts, I’m already booked for Beyonce and The Lumineers!, you can wear a bronzy look like this all summer long. Keep reading for how I got this look.
Moisturizer: Neutrogena Hydro-Boost Gel in SPF 15 (so important to wear sunscreen to any outdoor event this season. I like to use a moisturizer with SPF and a foundation/BB cream with one too).
Foundation: Urban Decay Naked Skin One & Done Hybrid Complexion Perfector in Light. (This features SPF 20 and has both foundation and concealer properties so you only need one step! For this look I used concealer as well, but you definitely don’t need it).
Concealer: Urban Decay Naked Skin Concealer in Fair Neutral.
Powder: Maybelline MasterFix loose powder
Brows: Colourpop Brow Pencils in Bangin’ Brunette and Black N’ Brown (previously blog post shows how I use these). Topped with NYX brow mascara in Espresso
- Crease: Too Faced PB&J Palette shade Peanut Butter (any warm soft matte shadow will do)
- Lid and Inner Corner : Jordana Made to Last Liquid Eyeshadow in Forever Sand (I buy mine at Walgreens; a liquid or cream eyeshadow gives that highlighted gleam and won’t budge).
- Browbone: Too Faced PB&J Extra Creamy (any off white shadow will work)
- Lower lashline: Too Faced PB&J Peanut Brittle with the darker bronze shade in the Carli Bybel palette on the outside. Her lighter bronze would work in place of Peanut Brittle.
- Top: Wet ‘n’ Wild Mega Liner in A Case of Blue (from the Spring Collection found at Walgreens) with Jordana Cat Eye Liner in Black Leather underneath
- Bottom lashline: Maybelline Lasting Drama Pencil in Striking Cooper with L’Oreal Silkissime in Black on top.
Lashes: L’Oreal Carbon Blac Telescopic Mascara with Ardell Demi Wispies cut in half on the outer lash. (Cut your lashes in half for a more natural lash look, honestly I’d just go with mascara for a festival).
Bronzer: L’Oreal Glam Bronze in Light $14.99. So I could not find this online at all. It’s a new limited edition bronzer and you get a very large pan. I think the color is a bit cool, but it is pretty great for really fair skin like mine. I didn’t think it looked muddy at all. I put photos below incase you find this in-store; I got mine at Walgreens.
Highlighters: MAC x Rihanna RiRi Hearts Cream Higlighter in Diamonds (this is from 2013, but any liquid or cream gold highlighter will do I love Benefit’s Watts Up as well). I topped this with the gold shade in the Carli Bybel palette (3rd highlighter in). Get your paws on her palette soon, it’s going to be discontinued in June!
Blush: NYX Ombre Blush in Strictly Chic
Lips: Colourpop Ultra Satin Lip in Tansy topped with an old Bath and Body Works gloss (any tinted gloss with shimmer will work) You defintely want a no fuss lip look for these types of events. I love Colourpop’s Ultra Satin lips, they’ll stay all day and wear comfortably.
Top: Forever 21 Festival Collection (similar here and here)
Necklace: ASOS Pieces Benna Statment Necklace (sold out :(, but I love ASOS’s costume jewelry, it lasts long and looks/feel expensive without Urban Outfitters prices) Type in silver statement necklace in their search and you’ll find a ton of similar options.