Hello earthlings! I’m back today with an Alien/Star Wars inspired makeup look. This look was really easy to do and fast for any last-minute Halloween ideas. I’d grab a metallic jumpsuit or leggings and you’ll look like you spent a ton of effort even if it’s a last-minute costume. I was inspired by the new Star Wars The Force Awakens makeup line by Covergirl for this look. I picked up three lipsticks from the collection (that’s all the shades they had left at my Walgreens). They cost $8.99 each. I really wanted the gold color for my actual costume this year (hint it’s also Star Wars) but I haven’t had luck finding it yet. Hopefully this look inspires all your galactic dreaming this Halloween. Mini review, swatches, and detailed steps for this look are below.
So I have to admit, I am not a huge fan of Covergirl products. Everyone has always raved about their mascara, but it’s not something that has ever worked for me. That said, I have liked when super star makeup artist, Pat McGrath, has collaborated with Covergirl’s lipstick lines, which she did for this collection. I will say if you are not a Star Wars fan I don’t think these are the best lipsticks for the money, except number 20. The lipsticks aren’t named, just numbered, and they are all a very satiny finish. Here’s an individual look at each.
- Number 20: 20 is a silver-lilac that is actually pretty pigmented. It has an intense metallic finish, and I haven’t seen any other lipsticks like this color. I really think this is a unique shade to add to any collection.
- Number 30: 30 is a satin red with a decent amount of sparkle. It’s not as deep as the tube looks but it is a pretty color for the holiday seasons if you like sparkle in your lipstick. I don’t mind it, but I do think there are a lot of drugstore options that I’d use before grabbing this.
- Number 50: 50 is a metallic eggplant color, also with a satiny finish. I like this, but I prefer a more matte finish for a deep color like this.
Overall the lipsticks I bought are a good option for Halloween makeup, but not a must have for your collection. I’m curious how the silver and gold in the collection look. If I happen to come across them I’ll post a review here!
Primer: L’Oreal Magic Lumi Primer
Foundation: Too Faced Born this Way in Porcelain
Concealer: It Cosmetics Eyelift in a Tube in Fair
Brows: It Cosmetics Liner Love in Black used with an angled liner brush. Used MAC Black Glitter with Fix + on inner part of eyebrows. (you can use any black glitter or pigment for this)
- Base– NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil in Milk
- Crease- LORAC eyeshadow in Black, ran threw the crease with a pencil brush and blended with a MAC 217.
- Inner Corner- Colourpop Super Shock pigment in Fantasy. Similar: NYX Roll On Shimmer in Pink/Purple, Prestige Cosmetics Total Intensity Eyeshadow in Addiction.
- Liner: Jordana Cat Eyes Liner in Black Leather with L’Oreal Silkissime liner in Black over top.
- Lower lashline: NYX Jumbo Eyeliner in Milk
- Browbone: Milk Eyeliner
- Mascara: L’Oreal Telescopic in Carbon Black (only on upper lashes).
Cheeks: Colourpop Supershock Cheeks in Pegacorn.
Similar: NYX Cream Blush in Hot Pink.
Lipliner: MAC Nightmoth. You could even use a black eyeliner as lipliner for this to intensify a bit.
Lipstick: Covergirl’s Star Wars The Force Awakens number 50 on the outer corners and number 20 in the center.
Black Gems: AC Moore.