Happy summer loves! There are so so many great products hitting the market and I want them to review them all, but I’m trying to take on a few at a time so you can get the best of the best as soon as possible and skip on the rest. This week I’m reviewing the L’Oreal Pro Glow Foundation, which I was ecstatic to try. The L’Oreal Pro Matte is an awesome drugstore, but wasn’t a great fit fit for my drier skin, so when I heard they were releasing a glowy version I jumped on it.
I’m also reviewing the Anastasia Beverly Hills Modern Renaissance Palette. I was a bit hesitant to grab the first permanent eyeshadow palette by them because pinky and red eyeshadows don’t really flatter my fair skin, but I swatched it in Ulta and was very intrigued. Anyway read below for my full thoughts! I’ve simplified my reviews so they’re not so long! Let me know if you like this style 🙂
L’Oreal Pro Glow
- Price: $12.99
- Found mine: Walgreens
- Available online: Ulta; buy here
- My shade: 201 Classic Ivory
- Shade range: 12
- Size: 1 oz
- Coverage: Buildable and Medium/Full
- SPF: 15
- Finish: Radiant
- Favorite way to apply: It Cosmetics Airbrush Buffing Foundation Brush #110 or Real Techniques Expert Face Brush
- Longevity: 10 hours
- Final thoughts: This foundation is my new drugstore favorite. It gives a medium to full coverage and just the right amount of glow without making you a sweaty mess, especially with the warmer weather. The shade range isn’t extensive like L’Oreal’s True Match line which is a bummer, but I love the shade for my skin tone. If I actually get some color this summer (unlikely, but a girl can hope!) I’m not sure how well another shade will work. This foundation is really on par with a high end foundation and wear beautifully between 8-10 hours, the bottle claims “24 hours”, but really L’Oreal who are you kidding! Anyway with that, if you’re dry to normal skin I would definitely pick this up! If not you always have the Pro Matte version which is the same wear and coverage.
- Grade: 9.5/10
Anastasia Beverly Hills Modern Renaissance Palette
- Price: $42
- Found mine: Ulta
- Available online: Yes; buy here
- Shimmers: 4
- Mattes: 10
- Pigment: 9/10
- Longevity: 9 hours
- Brush quality: Super soft, easy to use for blending and blends shadows seamlessly.
- Final thoughts: This is an eyeshadow palette I was honestly going to skip. I haven’t even watched my favorite beauty guru’s put it to action because I wasn’t that interested. Believe me I thought this palette was stunning and romantic, but not great for my fair skin. Magentas and reds do not pair well with my pinky undertones. Even for tried and true palettes like the Naked 3, I never grab for because I think the colors make me look sickly. But boy was I wrong with this palette. The colors look beautiful on the eyes, and blend like a dream. I used the blending brush that came with this palette to blend out the crease, and it worked amazing. I used the shader side to blend out the lower lashline, and I also really like the brush, which I usually skip on palettes. The only negative for me with this palette is you get a lot of fallout when you dip your brush in, but if you tap it off a little you’re golden. Fallout doesn’t really deter me as it usually means the shadows are buttery and pigmented, which these are. I really think this will be a new favorite! I love that there’s so many vibrant mattes and unique mattes (I’m so over the standard browns) and a few stunning shimmers that I can actually wear day to day or out.
- Grade: 9/10
Primer: Smashbox Primer Water
Foundation: L’Oreal Pro Glow in 201 Classic Ivory (link to buy above)
Concealer: Urban Decay Naked Skin Concealer in Fair Neutral
Powder: Maybelline Loose Powder
Bronzer: Physicians Formula Butter Bronzer in Light
Brows: Benefit Goof Proof Brow Pencil 4 with NYX Brow Mascara in Brunette to set
Eyeshadows: Modern Renaissance Palette
- Crease: Warm taupe
- Outcrease: Raw sienna and Red ochre
- Slightly above the outer crease: Love letter
- Lid: Primavera
- Browbone highlight: Tempera
- Inner corner: Vermeer topped with Champagne Pop highlighter
- Lower lashline: Raw sienna with Red ochre and Love letter on the outer half, blended out with Burnt orange
Liners: Top: Jordana Cateye Liner in Black leather. Bottom: L’Oreal Silkissime in Black.
Mascara: L’Oreal Carbon Black Telescopic
False Lashes: Eylure Vegas Nay Grand Glamour Lashes (cut about a fourth of these off to fit my eye, always cut to your eye shape). House of Lashes lash glue.
Blush: NYX Rose Garden Powder Blush (I think NYX is discontinuing, but it’s on sale now for $2.50!)
Highlighters: Benefit Watt’s Up topped with Becca x Jaclyn Hill Champagne Pop Shimmer Skin Perfector
Lips: Liner- Urban Decay Liar all over the lips. Lip color: Maybelline Color Jolt in Stripped Down
Necklace and Earrings: Bauble Bar