So it’s Valentine’s Day weekend, or Galentine’s Day weekend or love yourself weekend, whatever it may be a Halo eye makeup look is calling your name. This style eye makeup, where you use a darker color on the outer and inner corner, and a lighter, often shimmery shade on the center lid, is my latest obsession. This is a recreation of the makeup look the Queen of Eye Makeup, Jaclyn Hill, did here. This look is honestly natural enough for everyday, but adds that little pop of allure and sexiness to your eyes depending on the shades you pick. I also have decided 2016 is the comeback of satin and more glossy lip looks. Colourpop is releasing a satin lip collection on Thursday that looks swoon-worthy, and I couldn’t be more relieved. I think we all need a bit of a breather from all matte everything (not that I don’t like a good matte lip every once in a while). Below is the makeup look per usual and my top favorite romantic palettes, so tell your significant other if they’re stuck on a Valentine’s Day gift! Anyway have an amazing chocolate-induced weekend, pop in a romantic movie (even if that’s Magic Mike, like I will probably be watching; no shame here!), and definitely recreate this look!
Primer: BECCA Backlight Priming Filter
Concealer: NYX HD Concealer in Porcelain
Brows: Maybelline Brow Define and Fill Duo in Deep Brown to shape brows (used pencil end) and NYX Eyebrow Cake Powder in Brunette (deepest shade) to fill in. NYX Brow Mascara in Espresso to set.
Eyeshadows: Used LORAC Pro Palette for the whole eye look, other than a Mac Pigment.
- Crease: Taupe then used Mauve slightly above the crease with a MAC 224.
- Outer lid: Sable with a teeny bit of Espresso in the outer V to deepen used a MAC 217.
- Inner lid: Sable, really build this to a diffused brown with a blending brush, I used the MAC 217. Don’t put in inner corner where you’d highlight. This gives rounded eyes more of an almond shape.
- Lid: Champagne, then topped with MAC pigment in Tan. Spritzed my MAC 242 brush with Fix + then applied the pigment.
- Browbone: Nude
- Lower lashline: Sable blended out with Mauve on a pencil brush.
- Inner corner highlight: BECCA x Jaclyn Hill Champagne Pop
Lashes: L’Oreal Carbon Black Telescopic with Ardell Wispies 600 lashes. These are STUNNING and so romantic. These must be new, I can’t find them online. I got mine at CVS. These are very similar to House of Lashes Bambi.
Eyeliners: Jordana Cat Eye Liner in Black Leather just to line lashband and Rimmel ScandalEyes Waterproof Eyeliner in Nude.
Highlighter: BECCA Champagne Pop (applied on the bridge of my nose, above my brows, and cheekbones.
Lipliner: Jordana Tawny
Setting spray: MAC Fix +
Dress: Forever 21 (mine’s sold out, but this one is similar)
Top Romantic Makeup Palettes
(Also make great last-minute Valentine’s Day gifts, boys)
- Milani Bare Necessities Palette $10 at CVS
- Urban Decay Naked 3 Palette $54
- LORAC Unzipped Palette $42
- Tartelette 2 In Bloom Palette $45
- Too Faced Chocolate Bar Palette $49